HOW DOES THE USE OF CACTUS OIL AFFECT YOUR SKIN?
1. THE SKIN QUICKLY ABSORBS IT: The fatty acids in cactus oil, especially the high content of linoleic acid (60%), ensure that the oil is well absorbed into the skin. It penetrates deep into the skin without leaving greasy stains.
2. IT RESTORES ELASTICITY OF THE SKIN: The high antioxidant content stimulates cell renewal. Thus, the skin is always fresh and renewed. The oil reduces redness and hyper-pigmentation.
3. IT NOURISHES, MOISTURISES AND SOFTENS THE SKIN: The oil intensely moisturises the skin. It is suitable for all skin types but works especially well on dry, mature skin. High content of linoleic acid (60%) soothes even the most dehydrated skin. The oil penetrates very deep and makes skin softer.
4. IT BRIGHTENS DARK SPOTS: Cactus oil has the ability to brighten dark spots on the skin. Vitamin K also helps to alleviate dark circles under the eyes and reduce capillaries.
5. IT SLOWS SKIN AGEING: Cactus oil contains higher amounts of betalain than any other known plant (e.g. acai, pomegranate, blueberries, goji and beets). Betalains are great antioxidants with powerful anti-ageing effects.
6. IT PREVENTS WRINKLES: Cactus oil has a high vitamin E content (895 mg/kg or 150% more than argan oil). Vitamin E is a free radical scavenger and stimulates cell renewal. The high fatty acid content plumps the skin, reducing wrinkles and adding firmness as well as intercepting free radical damage.
7. IT DOES NOT CLOG PORES: The essential fatty acids in cactus oil maintain a moist and healthy collagen layer of skin. High linoleic acid (60%) and low (20%) oleic acid content makes the oil non-comedogenic, meaning that it does not clog pores and cause inflammation.
8. IDEAL FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Cactus oil nourishes, moisturises and soothes inflammation.